SEO has great benefits for websites and can lead to exponential growth in the long run. Brands that invest in SEO can build credibility and trust in the public, making it a fundamental part of a digital marketing strategy. We explore 10 significant benefits of search engine optimization (SEO) for companies looking to increase visibility and provide value to their target audience. Search engine leads offer a 14.6% close rate, almost 12% higher than traditional marketing; however, if your website is at the bottom of page two, three, four, or doesn't exist, there are probably no potential customers.
On the other hand, Google's first listing receives 33% of all search traffic. Search engine visibility directly correlates with increased web traffic and increased revenue, making ROI one of the most important SEO benefits. In fact, 61% of marketers say improving their SEO and improving their online presence is a top priority. Ranking high is no longer as simple as writing keyword-optimized titles and page headers.
In fact, the average length of a first-page Google result is now 1,890 words. Over 300,000 websites use Crazy Egg to improve what works, fix what doesn't work and test new ideas. There are many ways you can improve your website and maximize the user experience. This includes providing your audience with relevant information, related photos or videos to support the text, easy-to-navigate web pages, and a mobile-friendly website setup. Statistics show that an average close rate of 14.6% of SEO leads is achieved, compared to 1.7% of outgoing leads. Reaching customers (outgoing or cold leads) often results in lower conversion rates because the interaction is not requested. If you're still not sure if your company should invest in SEO as a primary digital marketing strategy, here are 15 reasons why you should:
- SEO boosts credibility and trust in the public
- Search engine leads offer a 14.6% close rate
- Search engine visibility directly correlates with increased web traffic and revenue
- SEO helps create long-term capital for your brand
- SEO increases lead conversion rate by almost 13 percent
- SEO helps optimize videos for search
- SEO helps target keywords with high search volume
- SEO helps move users past the first page of search results
- SEO helps create strong user experience
- SEO helps build brand awareness
- SEO helps shape your online presence over time
- SEO is relatively cheap compared to other marketing strategies
- SEO promotes your company to consumers in a non-promotional way
- SEO brings more leads and traffic to your business
- SEO ranks your website at the top level in search engine results list
Keeping abreast of the latest SEO trends will make it much easier to spot resources that focus on paid tactics and determine if they are resources you want to spend your time reading. You want to be the first to think when people ask questions or directly search for the product or service you offer. Invest in SEO, as well as develop a smart strategy, and you'll be able to outperform your toughest competitors.